At River Lodge, you need not move far to appreciate extraordinary wildlife, or to marvel at the spectacular riverside view. We have tried to capture the entrancing spirit of the Sabie River, and always smile at that moment when we see our guests forging their own connection with that special energy that cannot be seen, but can definitely be felt.
Guests are encouraged to make themselves completely at home at River Lodge – may the time spent on safari remain the highlight of their visit to South Africa.
20 thatched rooms overlook the unfenced African bush, or the Sabie River.
Lodge Facilities & Activities
Lion Sands River Lodge offers the following Facilities & Activities:
- 20 rooms for 40 guests, including 12 Luxury Rooms, 6 Superior Luxury Rooms and 2 River Suites.
- Children of 10 and older welcome
- Childrens’ activities and baby sitting available
- Family Rooms available, including 2 interleading rooms
- Two swimming pools
- Open plan lounge and dining area
- Suitable for disabled travellers (with assistance)
- Full range of dietary preferences catered for
- Free Wi-Fi (in guest areas)
- 12 Luxury Rooms have bathroom en-suite, lounge area with mini bar and wooden deck from which to appreciate the wilds beyond.
- 6 Superior Luxury Room are larger in size, and have ample open-plan bathrooms and outdoor showers. 4 of the 6 Suites are inter-leading, and are therefore ideal for families.
- 2 River Suites are located further from the guest areas and are therefore more private. They have incredible river views, best appreciated from the expansive decks. River Suites also have outdoor showers.